REAL SENTENCES FROM MY CZECH FOR BEGINNERS WORKBOOKS, RANKED IN ORDER OF PRACTICALITY
I am learning how to speak Czech better because it's such a useful language that is understood the world over! The ultimate lingua franca. Here are some handy sentences:
- 1.I am studying Czech in order to make myself understood by the Czech people.Česky se učím, abych se domluvil s Česky.
- 2.The main thing is not to think I'm an alcoholic. The doctor didn't tell me *not* to drink!Hlavnê abyste si nemysleli že jsem alkoholik. Doktor mi nerekl, abych nepila!
- 3.It's a good thing my wife is asleep and can't hear me. It isn't desirable that they see us together.Ještêžê žena spi a neslyši mê. Není žadiuci, abynás vidêli spolu.
- 4.Would you like me to go out a different window?Nechtêl byste, abych jít ven jiné ohko?
- 5.May a goose kick her!Aby Jo husa kopla!
- 6.We left the ship before it sank.Lod'jsme opustili než se potopila.
- 7.Paul killed himself on skis. The man who was killed by Peter was his father in law.Pavel se zabil na lyžích. Muž ktery byl zabit Petrem byl jeho tchaín. (Omg, PETER!!!!!)
- 8.She was shot between her beautiful eyes.Ona byl zastrelen mezi jejíma krásnymi očima. 😳