Books on My Nightstand Right Now
My nightstand is actually a bookshelf but for brevity I'll focus on the stack on top. Aka "next to my bed." I tend to read 2-3 books at a time so it's a big stack and a wide range.
- •Essential tales and poems of Edgar Allan PoeSelected primarily for the short stories. I read a lot of them in middle school and have loved him ever since. "Dream within a dream" ranks as one of my all time favorite poems though and I'll pull it out and read it pretty often
- •The one and only by Emily GiffinShe is one of my favorite "chick" authors. Perfect books for that quick read to get you through the week
- •The book of totally useless information.I love random facts. These are perfect to read together as my bf and I get ready for bed
- •Creative inc.I'm trying to open my own business. I'd like to feel like I know what I'm doing. See also: art inc.
- •The interpretation of dreams by Sigmund FreudHe is my favorite (non modern) psychologist. I've been dying to read this since college. I'm saving it for last of my current stack.
- •A pirate looks at fifty by Jimmy BuffettI love his music and these are the stories that inspired certain songs. It's a must read in my family
- •Orphan train by Christina Baker KlineI'm late to this bestseller game but it's been on my list for ages. Loaned to me months ago and it's slowly working its way up the stack.
- •Zelda by Therese Anne FowlerStory about fitzgeralds wife. He is one of my favorite authors and has a pretty interesting backstory. Can't wait to crack into this one
- •Sarah's key by Tatiana de RosneyI have no idea what this is about. My mom read it and said it was good. So now I have it. We'll see.
- •Beautiful day be Arlin HilderbrandClearance bin at Barnes and noble. Another easy "girl" read.
- •Stack of magazines I need to catch up onIncludes but not limited to: hgtv. Mental floss. Real simple. Jacksonville magazine. St Augustine social. Wedding planner mag. Smithsonian. National geographic.
- •My nookToo many books to count including current book club read (liane moriarity), magazines (the knot. Martha Stewart weddings). Lots of psychology books (Dan ariely and Malcolm gladwell the most) and random bestsellers from last year.