OVERHEARD AT RAMEN
At our favorite place in Ktown, the tables are uncomfortably close, so if you're sitting next to 2 loud talking theatre-type girls next to you, you hear it alllllllllllllll.
- •"He broke up with me because everything was TOO perfect. He couldn't handle it"Her friend nods solemnly in understanding. I want to lean over and whisper, "That is NEVER the reason. I've said it, I've thought it, I've nodded in agreement. But now I'm older and I realize that's a LIE we tell ourselves. It's like saying he broke up with you bc he was having TOO much sex. Never gonna happen. NEVER." But I don't.
- •"You don't know who Mike Nichols is??? Oh god you SHOULD!"I mean, you're right, but SHHHHH
- •"I met Meryl Streep once."Define "met".
- •"Do you get star struck meeting all these celebrities??"(the other gullible friend)
- •"Nah I'm used to it"But it sounds like you maybe work box office for the theatre?
- •"What's this weird meat in my soup?"Shut up and eat the ramen, it's amazing
- •"I don't want to date right now anyway, I'm too busy"Sure that's why you're not dating?
- •"I don't know why anyone would want to work in TV over theatre"Um, money? That's just one guess