Crowdsourcing advice about my future
- •Hi List! I'm Ellen, I'm a sophomore pre-med student at a top university in the US, I plan to go for an MD/PhD after I graduate
- •I have a really good problem but nonetheless a problem, which is two fantastic summer opportunities
- •1. Internship in healthcareWorking with patients to determine if seeing the same doctor over long periods of time leads to better health options. Paid, great opportunity to work in a healthcare setting, but also a 9-5 desk job (there is absolutely nothing wrong with this, but it is really different than my other option.
- •2. Study abroad in Spain, learning SpanishI received some money to essentially design my own intensive Spanish language study - Madrid and Seville. It would be relaxing and I'd learn a second language, which I think is always a good thing to do (for a career, for life). I'd also be independent. But, I don't know if this would look okay on a resume or application.
- •This all has to be decided in the next few days, and I'm thinking about it way more than my final tomorrow 😔
- •I also really hate saying no to things, but I can't do two summers in one.Side note: never EVER understood why Hermione gave up her time turner!
- •I'm coming off of a very long, difficult year of work and school, and I think it would be good to relax.College is hard, my college is notoriously rough, this quarter was so long
- •But I feel like going with how I feel might be bad career wise.
- •This isn't a really big problem in the scheme of things, but I'm a bit of a mess about it and I'm looking for all the advice I can get!
- •Any thoughts?
- •If no one sees this I think it was still good to get it written out.