Already on li.st? Open in app.
I turn 36 on July 24th. So before I move forward, I like to look back.
- •Probably 3.I was such a cute kid.
- •Maybe... 4? 5?This was in my parents backyard and I remember I was in L to the OVE with this neighbor boy. His name was John Olson, and I wish he didn't have such a generic name so I could find him on social media.
- •9. Follow me on this one.Yes this pic is from today, but I got that batting glove as a gift for my 9th birthday. My party consisted of only classmates, but there was a girl a year older than me on my little league team and I idolized her! I remember being so nervous when I invited her, and then she came and gave me this bomb ass glove as a gift. We still run into each other now and then, and the conversation of the glove recently came up. What can I say, I'm a hoarder of nostalgia.
- •Wrapping presentsThis always surprises me, because wrapping is a culmination of my two best features - preciseness and creativity. But for whatever reason, I always end up chopping and tucking the paper, covering my mistakes with ill-placed bows.
- •Taking care of my cuticlesI'm a wiz and religious at painting my nails, but I don't give my cuticles near enough attention. I always have lotion on me, but never put it on like I should, and then when I get a hangnail (every single day) I tear them off until they bleed. What a waste of a manicure..
- •Being a good sport at games.I don't mean to be overly competitive, and I usually give myself a pep talk ahead of time, especially when it's all in good fun. But more often than not, adrenaline takes over and I end up getting all wound up. Case in point: two days ago a 4th grader asked me to play a game of speed (the card game) and I ended up whooping her ass and yelling "Booyah! Take that little girl!". It was NOT a good look.
I have a 3 year old Chinese Crested Powder Puff named Roosevelt. His name stems from an old dumb joke, and he is the best.
- •Lay his head on my MacBook where it's warm.
- •Knock pillows off the couch.Over, and over, and over again.
- •Sleep under the covers in my bed, clear down by my feet.
I'm sitting at a bar, waiting for food.
- •Behind me, a table of middle-agers sit.
- •Server: Hi, welcome! Will there be 4 of you then?
- •Man: No, 6. But 2 can't come.
2 weeks ago, grown up and put together me had a very early 20's shit show me kind of day.
- •I started the coffee pot with only grounds, no water.
- •I fell down in the shower.Turned on water, put right leg in tub, right leg immediately went out from under me, ass went into tub, left leg stayed where it was on the outside of the shower, resulting in a very naked, splayed scene.
- •Instead of getting up, I stayed put and turned the shower into a bath.
Ellen. Leo. Uncomfortable Nebraskan.
- •I've lived in Seattle, Chicago, Boston, a failed attempt in Austin, and been back in my home state of NE for 5 years.
- •I've got a 5 year itch.
- •I'm first and foremost a Chicago Cubs fan.