Already on li.st? Open in app.
FOR THE STAGE ADAPTATION OF MY TENTH GRADE JOURNAL
- •PROPSEnough alcohol to get everyone at the party plastered...except for my straight-edge character and her equally sober romantic interest.
- •MAKE-UP DESIGNMy character wears cherry Chapstick, because Katy Perry made that sound like a good idea. NOTE: the tube of Chapstick is also an important prop. My character will nervously use it to reapply her lip balm during awkward silences.
- •SET DESIGNNice basement. Then, a back storage room with open pipes and a laundry machine referred to as "the set-up" for its relative privacy away from the party.
- •"You're so greedy, you jerk!" - Aziz AnsariSaid in jest when I broke the rules and tried to ask two questions at a Q&A event for his book Modern Romance
- •"Your comment made me tear up a little bit" - John GreenAfter he announced the winners of his 10-word YouTube comment contest back in 2009. My comment was "Your books have changed my life, and I'm so grateful." These words gave me the one of the happiest moments of my life - and a signed copy of Paper Towns
- •"Best wishes!" - John GreenIn an email response after I inquired about whether he'd received my shipping information for said book. My original email included ":D <3" because I was a ninth grader that didn't know any better