THINGS I LOVED ABOUT "STRAIGHT OUTTA COMPTON"
LA folks - this one's for you!
- •Ice Cube is played by O'Shea Jackson, Ice Cube's son!As I was watching the movie I couldn't believe how accurate the unique features seemed to be...then I looked it up on IMDB and saw that this beautiful young actor was actually Ice Cube's son!
- •I was too young to know much about Eazy-E's involvement in starting and fronting N.W.A. But I learned a lot about that from the movie
- •There was a huge focus on the relationships between the guys in the group and they all reflected the human condition - trust, betrayal, love, family, roots, passionThere is a lot of dialogue about the lawyerly way to settle feuds vs. the "Compton" way
- •The cast is almost all rookies and they are phenomenal
- •The portrayal of the '80's is real - hair, clothes, drugs, no fear of AIDS from hetero-sexual sex
- •A young Snoop is in a few scenes and is hilarious!
- •Gained a ton of respect for Dr. Dre even though I already loved my beats