BOOKS I'VE BEEN MEANING TO READ
Requested by @dhgriffin
- •The Trials of Laura Fair by Carole HaberSex, murder, and insanity in the Victorian West: "Haber goes beyond the trial transcripts and tabloid newspaper coverage of the infamous late-nineteenth-century Laura Fair murder trials to explain the significance of reinvention and reputation for those migrating to the American West." -American Historical Review
- •The Soul of an Octopus by Sy Montgomery"Enter the mysterious intelligent alien world of the octopus. Experience a real intelligence based on a sense of touch that humans can barely imagine." -Tempe Grandin
- •The God Delusion by Richard Dawkins"At last, one of the best nonfiction writers alive today has assembled his thoughts on religion into a characteristically elegant book." -Steven Pinker, Harvard University
- •In the Shadow of Man by Jane Goodall"Apart from its enormous scientific value, [it's] absolutely fascinating to read as a story of discovery."
- •The Blind Watchmaker by Richard DawkinsWhy the Evidence of Evolution Reveals a Universe without Design
- •Dead Wake by Erik LarsonThe Last Crossing of the Lusitania
- •The Hot ZoneIf you haven't read this book, read it! It's one of my all-time favorite books. Fascinating look at the origins of and mystery around Ebola.