WHY I LOVE WINTER
Cause I'm tired of everyone bagging on this season. And we all love an underdog.
- •The wash of warmth you experience when, freezing cold, you step into a hot, steamy shower.
- •Less B.O. means I get away with doing exponentially less laundry.
- •Endless excuses to buy candles and twinkle lights as means of coping with daylight savings and the gloomy weather.
- •Endless hot drinks! Cider, cocoa, tea, mulled wine, and my personal favorite: coffee. It just doesn't taste the same when it's 90 degrees and humid.
- •Perfect movie weather. Winter begs for Harry Potter marathons and Netflix binges.
- •A Norwegian phrase claims that "there's no bad weather: only bad clothing." Winter weather justifies the purchase of awesome snow boots, leather gloves, fleece-lined jackets, and much more. There is nothing more invigorating than getting outside in cold temperatures! You just have to be properly equipped.
- •Bitter cold wind whipping your face = endearing rosy cheeks.
- •Smells: cinnamon, cloves, woodsmoke, pine needles, etc.
- •I sleep a billion times better when it's cold out. My bed is the comfiest, warmest place on earth!
- •Significant less need to shave legs.
- •I love New Year's resolutions, so sue me.
- •The FOOD. Hearty soups and stews! Homemade bread! Cookies and sweets galore! It's also citrus season and supermarkets everywhere sell those sweet, cute little mandarin oranges.
- •If nothing else, winter makes you appreciate the glory of spring. What's life without a little variety?