HALCYON DAYS IN THE WILLAMETTE VALLEY
In celebration of a beautiful winter Sunday in the blameless Willamette Valley. All photos within 1/4 mile of my house.
- •When the sky is clear, there is no better place to be than sprawled on my couch, book in hand, feeling the sun warming my face.
- •A froggy marshland to explore with my niece and nephew when the sun is out following a big rainstorm.
- •Filbert groves flooded after a heavy rain become bird sanctuaries.
- •Out for a stroll with my intrepid niece, collecting "skeletons" made from shredded, sun bleached pipe.
- •The pond at the bottom of my hill. Always beautiful on a clear, still evening.
- •The back lot abutting the Willamette River. A seemingly infinite sea of grassy green during late afternoon.
- •A distant sun sets over this human wasteland. Efforts to harness the countryside are further foiled.
- •Blue purity cutting through vineyards.
- •Sunrise in a puddle.
- •I've seen more rainbows in this part of the valley than anywhere else in my life.
- •Too cold to swim in for awhile, but always photogenic.
- •The beautiful estate of my nearest neighbor, the deceased aviator Del Smith.