Chimney sweeps are nothing like Mary Poppins.
thanks to hurricane Matt I had extensive water damage to my fire place, so I called a chimney sweeps to asses the damage.
- •The culprit washed out morter.Which allowed water to come into the house through the chimney.
- •What we started with, notice the chiseled out arch.Not good.
- •The 250lb insert out and very rusty.
- •What I'm working with now.
- •After all the cleaning and masonry is done, I'm thinking built in shelves to flank and either painted brick, or tile surround.