How to: PB&J
What's the right order? How do you make it?
- •Grab 2 pieces of the bread of your choice, get a knife jelly and peanut butter out, jelly first on left piece of bread, and peanut butter on the right. Slap together and eat.
- •Two pieces of a nutty grain bread lay open face. Using a butter knife, which for this job is a peanut-butter-knife, spread peanut butter on both slices of bread. Then wipe off the excess peanut butter from said peanut-butter-knife. Apply jelly with the same butter-knife to just the left side slice. Fold the right hand slice onto the left side. Eat!optionally, slice the bread diagonally. for advanced use, toast the bread lightly *prior* to applying the food. I cannot stress that enough.Suggested by @wordytime
- •Get excited for your PB&J and then realize you're too lazy and that you don't even like PB&J much less sandwiches in generalThis is just me personally thoughSuggested by @eetak
- •Soft white bread. Creamy peanut butter on both slices. Replace jelly with mini marshmallows.Suggested by @jennifergster
- •Two slices of whole grain. Thin layer of peanut butter, followed by a thin layer of jelly on top of the peanut butter, on one side. Place other side on top. Enjoy!Suggested by @hillary79
- •Two slices of bread. Use a knife to apply peanut butter (or allergen-friendly substitute, as we do in my house) to the left piece of bread. Use a spoon to scoop jam onto the right slice of bread. Spread the jam with the back of the spoon. Press slices together, don't bother to cut.A side of chocolate milk is an optional but delicious accompaniment.Suggested by @DG
- •Replace peanut butter with almond butter, replace jelly with ripe banana slices, apply almond butter in the manner of your choice, top with banana slices, close and lightly toast, eat and enjoy.Loved pb&j, like forever. Then replaced j with b. Both good, then discovered almond butter. Has to be the really good stuff, Trader Joe's recommended.Suggested by @MMeanswell