I was too pissed to post yesterday.
The horrible point in a dramatic movie where everything comes to a head and explodes was my reality yesterday.
- •My uncle's girlfriend has about as much finesse when breaching subjects as a bull in a China shop.It has a tendency to make you feel ambushed.
- •We were all sitting in the living room with a family friend, and the simple question of: have you had lunch yet? To my diabetic grandmother came up. She hadn't and it was close to 3:00.
- •Boom, next thing I know were all in a heated conversation, with me explaining that I feel like she hasn't been her own diabetic advocate.Her sugars have been over 250 an lower than 65 more often than not on this trip.
- •My uncle starts to yell at me.He had been drinking as always, so to me most of what he was saying didn't make since.
- •I gather he feels I've been on her case about it. (Diabetes) I feel like he's not taking it serious.My only intention is to keep my grandmother around for years to come.
- •I'm still upset at things said in the argument, and at being yelled at as a grown adult who was trying to help.However I will always be seen as a "kid" no matter how old I am which I'm accepting.
- •Her diabetes is her business, she is old enough to know when she needs to eat or not. I am now just going to have dinner ready by 5.She can decide if she wants eat then or not.