Southern Charm, For Beginners
Requested by @megbarrett Hopefully the fist 10 that come to mind is sufficient. 😀
- •Always offer your guest a nice cold glass of tea.Suitable Replacements are lemonade, water, and coffee.
- •Never arrive on time.Fashionably late is on time and it's 20 minutes past the event start time.
- •Never show up to a party empty handed.If you're brought a covered dish you return it with a dish of your own.
- •Manners are key!Yes ma'am, yes sir, no ma'am, no sir, please, and thank you. Can be used as greetings, or answer to questions asked.
- •Stand up straight.Shoulders back, imagine a string pulling the top of your head upward now stay.
- •Open the door.Hold the door open if somebody's coming up behind you, and gentleman always opens a car door for a lady.
- •Phrasing.Heavens to Betsy, bless your heart, by the angel, sweeter than a Scupper nog, and any other southern phrase should be used often.
- •Cards for All Occasions.Thank you, birthday, anniversary, death in the family, get well, baby shower, congratulations, and new home. We've single handedly kept Hallmark in business all these years.
- •Be kind to the neighbors.Muffin basket when they move in, watch the house and grab the mail when they're on vacation, and visit with them when the rocking on the porch.
- •No one's a stranger.Strike up a conversation with anyone anywhere. Sitting on a park bench, standing in line at the grocery store, someone walking your neighborhood.