Southern Charm, For Beginners
Requested by @megbarrett Hopefully the fist 10 that come to mind is sufficient. 😀
- 1.Always offer your guest a nice cold glass of tea.Suitable Replacements are lemonade, water, and coffee.
- 2.Never arrive on time.Fashionably late is on time and it's 20 minutes past the event start time.
- 3.Never show up to a party empty handed.If you're brought a covered dish you return it with a dish of your own.
- 4.Manners are key!Yes ma'am, yes sir, no ma'am, no sir, please, and thank you. Can be used as greetings, or answer to questions asked.
- 5.Stand up straight.Shoulders back, imagine a string pulling the top of your head upward now stay.
- 6.Open the door.Hold the door open if somebody's coming up behind you, and gentleman always opens a car door for a lady.
- 7.Phrasing.Heavens to Betsy, bless your heart, by the angel, sweeter than a Scupper nog, and any other southern phrase should be used often.
- 8.Cards for All Occasions.Thank you, birthday, anniversary, death in the family, get well, baby shower, congratulations, and new home. We've single handedly kept Hallmark in business all these years.
- 9.Be kind to the neighbors.Muffin basket when they move in, watch the house and grab the mail when they're on vacation, and visit with them when the rocking on the porch.
- 10.No one's a stranger.Strike up a conversation with anyone anywhere. Sitting on a park bench, standing in line at the grocery store, someone walking your neighborhood.