Strangest parts of being a cashier.
I was in retail for 10 or so years here are the things that always bugged me.
- •Customers know your name, and occasionally use it, however you don't know theirs. When a stranger says my name it freaks me out.I'm wearing a name tag cheater!
- •You have to apologise for everything even if it's not your fault.I'm sorry we no longer carry that, but you should try this. To this day if I'm in a uncomfortable situation I apologise even if it's not my fault out of habbit.
- •When you answer the phone people act like they didn't just call the store.Picks up phone " thank you for calling Jockey, how may I help you? " Customer "is this Jockey" really?! I just said that.
- •Working on auto pilot.Before you even realize you have standard answers for frequently asked questions. "How are you" answer "tired". Even if your not it's pre programed at this point.
- •Seeing the odd places people keep their money.I've had money exchange hands from wallets, bras, socks, m&m Minni containers, Walmart bags, hats, and pants.