FAVORITE CHILDHOOD CREATURES
Found in the lakes, marshes and woodlands near my childhood home in Minnesota.
- •Tree frogsI loved the gray tree frogs. They were so sleek, and smaller than your typical puddle jumping variety. Their camouflage blended them perfectly with the Minnesota Woods, making them a rare find.
- •Walking Sticks (aka stick-bugs)Talk about hard to find...gee whiz!
- •CaterpillarsThis one will morph into a Monarch Butterfly.
- •Fireflies (aka lightning bugs)A night when the fireflies were out was like being in a fairy tale...oh boy!
- •Spotted SalamandersSo chill.
- •CrayfishFound under rocks in the lake. Closest thing we could get to the ocean.
- •Painted TurtlesCheck out the claws on this bad ass.
- •InchwormsComical anatomySuggested by @celine