HOW TO HACK A SODASTREAM
- 1.Have a Sodatream.Either buy one, or already own one, or get one for free somehow. I bought mine for $100 online.
- 2.Buy a ten pound CO2 tank from your local homebrew store.Mine charged $140 for the tank, but said refills would be about $20. You can get a tank for cheaper, but I felt more comfortable buying from them in case it had any issues.
- 3.Order a custom Sodastream "hack hose" from co2doctor.com.I paid $108. I know this is getting expensive, but if you already use Sodastream canisters regularly it will save you time and money in the long run. For our family of four it means La Croix might go out of business.
- 4.Now that you have everything you need, be sure to FOLLOW ALL SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS!Primarily, make sure all connections are secure before slowly opening the tank valve, and bleed the line before disconnecting for a refill. No more dangerous than driving a car or taking a shower, but if you have teenage boys you should add a warning sign.
- 5.Put it all together following the installation instructions on co2doctor.com.
- 6.Make soda water as you normally would with a Sodastream.
- 7.Pour your soda water over some Linie aquavit and enjoy.