MAXIMIZE YOUR CLICK-THROUGH-RATE ON LIST APP! 💯
Title: Make it relatable to a List App audience. Use an emoji so your title "pops". Now read on for more optimization tips to maximize CTR, generate likes, trigger relists, and convert new followers!
- •Challah Abs = SchmuckFirst Line: Surprise them. Create a sense of mystery and intrigue. Add a photo to draw their eye down to the next line. Remember it is the thumbnail that is most important since we are still trying to get people to click into the list at this point.
- •Sex SellsSecond line: Comfort them. Make this a really solid item for the list. Make it clear that even though your list may push their cognitive thinking, it will still be within their realm of comprehension. Also a good spot for an enticing thumbnail.
- •You won't believe what In-N-Out Burger just added to their not-so-secret menu, and I am sure that whatever it is, you will love it!Third Line: This is your click bait. You want this line to extend beyond the 50ish character limit, to give your audience a visual indication that there is much more to this list than what is revealed in their feed. You also want to have it end in a cliff hanger, make sure the line is so juicy and tempting that not clicking it would result in a lifetime of regret.
- •Line 4This should be the "meat" of your list. It's the gravitational center. You got people to take time out of their day to read your list, now you better deliver the fucking goods. Give them a conversation starter for their next power lunch. For example, did you know that 15% of the air you breathe in a metro station is human skin, or that 20% of office coffee mugs contain fecal matter, or that your nose and ears never stop growing?
- •Line 5Anything here and below is just to butter them up for a relist and/or a follow. Tell them a cute or embarassing tidbit about yourself. For example, my favorite toy as a toddler was a spatula and I would start crying anytime someone tried to take it from me. I'm getting a little teary just thinking about it.
- •Line 6It's tempting to end by mocking your own list with a funny one-liner, for example this list might end with something like "Tag @dev," but it's better to plan ahead and have a friend suggest it as an add-on. This will preserve the integrity of your list and get the ball rolling on more comments and suggestions.Suggested by @sloan
- •Check Out @wikiHow for 300+ more tips, and Click Here to Download our Free Webinar: zoomquilt.org