SONGS THAT GIVE ME GOOSE BUMPS
You can check out the full playlist here//open.spotify.com/user/elooto/playlist/4Xd7rO3WSZOboZprreU2dm Feel free to make suggestions. If they induce goose bumps, I will add them to both lists.
- •Hallelujah - Rufus WainwrightWith apologies to Jeff Buckley, this Leonard Cohen song is chill inducing no matter who sings it. I recently heard the Rufus piano version performed at a high school talent show, and had chills the entire time.
- •Yesterday - AtmosphereSlug rhymes about an old friend he thought he saw yesterday...plot twist at the end.
- •Nap Time: Twelve-Tone Lullaby - Grandma SparrowThe most haunting lullaby of all time. Check out this adult children's album in it's entirety. It'll take you back to the fun and frightening mystery of childhood.
- •Elephant Gun - BeirutA guy buries his dreams, and is then mauled by a wild elephant? All that is left is underground.
- •If I needed you - Andrew BirdA lot of people have covered this sentimental Townes tune. Bird does a nice job of fleshing out the feather bumps.
- •Johsefins Dopvals - VäsenThis instrumental is so beautiful, I'm breaking out in arm pimples. This is one of my favorite bands. They feature the nyckelharpa.
- •Wild Wind - Hook & AnchorEpic and passionate. I saw this band cover Fleetwood Mac Rumors in its entirety and it was incredible.
- •Old Dirt Road - Huck NotariThis guy always gets my goose juice flowing. "I hope that old dirt road never gets paved."
- •Halleluiah - Reeltime TravelersI guess I'm a sucker for Hallelujah songs. Who knew I could weep like a little girl while listening to a song about someone's old rusty truck? "It's hard to tell the color, but it's always been blue."
- •The Age of Worry - John MayerOkay, to be honest I never listened to @john before List App, but he's so humble and funny on here that I had to check it out. This song passed the goose bump test with flying feathers.
- •Please Tell My Brother - Golden SmogThis song gets me every time. It captures a lot of emotion I had for my family while traveling in my twenties.
- •Western Island - Archie FisherI've always fantasized about the life of a homesteader, and have read some interesting accounts, especially of island homesteaders in the Pacific Northwest. This song captures my fascination plain and beautiful.
- •Another Man's Done Gone - Billy Bragg and WilcoJust imagine Woodie Guthrie suffering from Huntington's disease while writing this heartbreaking poem. This song is off the fucking goose charts!
- •Blue and Green - The Wood BrothersAn ethereal song that resonates with me. The Wood Brothers are a personal favorite.
- •Life by the Drop - Stevie Ray VaughnPosibbly the first song to give me goose flesh. I remember putting it on repeat in the cedar aisle of the lumber mill I was working at, and now I think of this song every time I smell cedar.
- •Starálfur - Sigur RósSome sort of lullaby about elves? Only viking descendants from Iceland could produce a sound so old and mythical and at the same time so new age. The strings in this song are palindromic; they are the same forwards and backwards.
- •Goose Bumps - Doug WrayNo, no...I kid. Good palette cleanser though.
- •You Don't Understand Me - The RaconteursThat piano!!Suggested by @sarahyuro