Things I Want to Do in 2016
No, this is not a list of New Years resolutions, because let's be real, those never work out.
- •Pay off all of my debtNot including my student loans because I'll be paying those off until I die. But my credit card, what I owe to my college, and what I owe to my friends.
- •Find an apartment just for me and live on my ownI've had far too many roommates in my like and I just want to be by myself for a little while.
- •Be healthyNot just lose weight, but take care of myself, be active, drink water. Be healthy physically, mentally, and emotionally.
- •Read more booksI'm not going to put a number on how many I want to read because it'll never happen. But I just want to read more and learn and fill my brain with words.
- •Save some moneyAgain, not putting a number on it. But I just want to be able to have an emergency fund with a decent amount in it.
- •Give therapy a tryI've been wanting to see a therapist for a while now but I never got around to doing it. I think it would be really good for me, and if it doesn't work out, at least I can say I tried.
- •JournalWriting has always been a big passion of mine but it's fallen to the way-wayside in the past couple of years. I think journaling would be a good way for me to channel my creativity and exercise my mind.
- •Spend more time with the people I loveI'm notorious for never making plans and that needs to change. Even if it's just a quick meet-up for coffee, it needs to happen.
- •VolunteerI've come to love and have a huge passion for volunteering and doing community service, and I would love to do more of that. Even if it's just an hour a week answering phones or cutting paper for a small nonprofit, I love knowing that my time is making a difference.
- •Actively participate in a book clubThis is something I've been fooling myself into thinking I'd keep up with for the past couple months, but it's something I've been wanting to do for as long as I can remember. There's a ton of online ones that are perfect as long as I put in the effort.