Already on li.st? Open in app.
NOT TO MENTION THE FACT THAT IT WAS WITH TINA FEY
Hi listers! During the next few days, I am collecting some preliminary research for an essay I am writing and was hoping the li.st community could help me out. Answer as many questions as you want or feel free to add anything else you find interesting about your relationship with tv!
- •Questions: Why do you watch tv? Has tv influenced your life in any way? Have tv shows sparked an interest in a career path you want to or have pursued? Have you made friends based of off shows you mutually watch? Does tv alter your social circles in any way? How often do you find role models on screen?Do you think tv shows have sparked debate about diversity/ gender norms? How often do you talk about tv shows with people? What is the most compelling aspect about tv shows?
- •I watch TV to escape from the real world into the world of the characters; for comfort. I grew up watching a lot of TV (more than my friends seemed to watch) and was always comforted watching Friends after a tough day of high school, or an episode of Buffy during my freshman year of college.After a year in film school I realized I wanted to write TV, not movies, and now I am pursuing a career as a TV writer. I want to write shows that can help people escape from the real world for a while, with characters they connect to and care for. I have definitely bonded with people over shows, & have great talks about shows they should watch/i should watch. I also think it does start discussions about gender/race/etc. TV is really important to me, & I hope I can become a part of the business!Suggested by @sarahmccoy
Obviously this list could go on and on but
- •Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt/ Ellie Kemper/ Tituss Burgess
- •Veep/ Julia Louis-Dreyfus/ Tony Hale/ Anna Chlumsky/ Matt Walsh
- •Kate McKinnonSNL
- •If Lin-Manuel Miranda collabed with John Green on crash course videosGPAs would rise faster than a fat man's cholesterol
Currently on episode 9
- •Fear of twitter spoilers
- •+ free time
- •- daily responsibilities
It's like meeting someone without the awkward social interaction
- •I love seeing everyone's different interests and the things that they take pride in
- •I think it is super interesting to see what other people's lifestyles are likeWe can get so wrapped up in our own day to day decisions and routines that it is cool to step back and see other people's habits
- •It helps expand my worldviewThat sounds cliche but I like being exposed to cool new things that I can learn more about whether it's a passion, a hobby, or a job that I've never heard of before
Technology is basically another family member
- 1.Play Station 1RIP
- 2.Gameboy SPFirst portable form of entertainment
- 3.Nintendo DSLearned responsibility from caring for my Nintendogs
Anyone else have shorts that ride up with every step?
- •Like most people, I do not possess the coveted and elusive thigh gap
- •So naturally, when I wear loosely fitted shorts like athletic shorts, they ride up while I walk/ run
- •Thus, I created a maneuver to nonchalantly relieve myself of the discomfort of bunched up shorts