THINGS I AM GRATEFUL FOR EVEN THOUGH...
I am 1000 miles from home, injured and recuperating from two broken bones and one large plate being surgically implanted in my tibia due to a fall while traveling for work
- •I am loved
- •I was injured away from home but in a city with excellent medical care
- •My husband and extended family are taking care of my children. They are loved, happy and well-taken of. I am not overburdened by worry while being away from them
- •I will get better. This is not the case for all of the patients I am rehabbing with
- •I have met many people I would otherwise not have: nurses, tech assistants, physical therapists, other patients, etc all with interesting stories and perspectives to share with me
- •Learned a new joke: what's the difference between a hippo and a zippo? A hippo is really heavy and a zippo is a little lighter