FIVE TIMES I DIDN'T PUT MY SPOTIFY ON PRIVATE AND WAS SLIGHTLY EMBARRASSED
I was only playing S Club 7 because I was DJing a roadtrip, I promise!!
- 1.Once, I had to write a rebel fight song about the metric system (grad school is weird), so naturally, I did a deep dive into Kid Rock's discography and lyrics. And my friends did a deep dive into torment and mocking me.That flowing mane is all the inspiration I needed, though.
- 2.Let's not forget the time I was listening to my "Mofos <3 Motown" mix at the gym and received millions (okay, three) screenshots of me listening to "Let's Get It On"I was just trying to get my fitness on.
- 3.Paul McCartney is a legend. He made some great music with The Beatles. His stuff with Wings is pretty good. But the true pinnacle of his music career (and tbh all of music) was Wonderful Christmastime. I listen to it year round, but I don't need the rest of the world to know- they just wouldn't understand, and their mocking screenshots prove that.Simply having a Wonderful Christmastime in April.
- 4.Full disclosure, I love Disclosure. And when their last album came out, it was all I listened to for three weeks (it's still all I listen to but I break it up with some Amy Grant Christmas for balance). I was about 23 days into my Disclosure binge when I got a text reading, "Emily, chill with the Disclosure. Eat a vegetable." Rude in so many ways.It's like Guy (or Howard- they look the same) is wondering the exact same thing I am: "whyyyy would you make her stop??"
- 5.Sometimes, a girl just needs to listen to some Celtic pop in the form of Clannad. I was listening to "Theme From Harry's Game" on loop when the beauty of Enya's voice was interrupted with the horrendous mocking of my "friends."Who needs friends when you have an Irish clan?