What I've Learned These Last Months
It's already December 2016?!?!
- •Cramming for an election the way I crammed for tests in college isn't any more effective now than it was then.This list was started in springtime and referenced a different election. For November's I studied like a mother and aced that ballot. (Obvs I'm not talking about the top slot—that was a no brainer—I'm brown, people!)
- •Those car carts at the grocery store aren't as difficult to push as I thought.But don't expect to buy much! Also, my youngest looks as though she really is driving!
- •Those car carts are exactly as difficult as I thought.Especially when you get one that's as long as a limousine. Sorry, I kicked my kids out before I got a photo.
- •Demonstrating to children how the earth spins on its axis as well as orbit the sun is too much spinning for my old body to take.
- •Even though I'm an introvert, I need time with good girlfriends to feel like a human.My sis is my ride or die but she's states away. And my hubby remains my No. 1, o'course. I need other friendships too, which I realized more this year.
- •I can do a LOT on little sleep, but I'm not the nicest person to be around when I don't get enough of it.I wanna live a long life! I need more sleep! Emily! Stop watching Brooklyn 99 and get to sleep!
- •Pregnancy as a 37 year old is not as easy at it was 6 yrs ago.
- •I am a bada** mother when it comes to pushing my babies out naturally.
- •Speaking of which, I had another one!
- •It is possible to cry about your six year old losing her front teeth when post-partum emotions are high.Her smile will never be the same! 😭
- •Compassion is my word for the year. Listening is my action for the year. They will continue to be in 2017 as I am still mastering both, especially with my most favorite people, my daughters.
- •Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, and Happy New Year!