My Favorite Plays I've Acted In
My middle and high school career and ranks are subject to change as I look back at them, hindsight being what it is and all.
- 1.The Importance of Being EarnestAs Ms. Prism, an oldish nanny and tutor who gets mixed up in the world of "Earnest" Worthing
- 2.The MatchmakerAs Minnie Fay, a quiet hat shop assistant in a crazy world of extroverts
- 3.SeussicalAs a who/a tiger/ Max the dog, this is a really great one because as an almost permanent chorus member, I was pleasantly surprised how involved the entire cast is
- 4.TartuffeAs Elmire, wife of Orgon, and object of Tartuffe's unwanted affection
- 5.Sound of MusicAs Party Guest/yodeller, (however you spell that) I loved being in this classic, though waltzing is not an endeavor I would normally expect of a bunch of freshman
- 6.Thoroughly Modern MillieAs a Hotel Girl, I forget the name of my character sadly
- 7.The Wizard of OzAs Toto, everyone's favorite little dog. I actually needed knee pads to crawl around. As I tried to keep up with the others through the auditorium, an audience member decided to pet me. I gave him a growl in return. (This was the barbaric times of middle school, after all)
- 8.Cheaper by the DozenAs Dan, second youngest of all 12 children. (this was my acting debut in 7th grade)
- 9.You Have the Right to Remain DeadWhile I did not act in this who-dun-it mystery, it is my first and last directorial appearance. Though it was a fun show, I much prefer acting.