Some Reasons My Current House Guest Has Been Okay
I've had a friend visiting for...ten days. He leaves today and I would be lying if I said there wasn't some sense of relief.
- •He cooks! He enjoys it, and expects little from me in the area of assistance.
- •He cooks...mediocre. The first night he made a pasta salad with SO MUCH sausage and cheese, plus two full bottles of Kraft Italian dressing. This is not subtlety.
- •Since I live in a studio, he has no problem sleeping on the floor on a pad.
- •He's always just right there on the floor in the middle of the room, sprawled out with one of my pillows wedged between his legs.
- •He's self sufficient; he can find things to do while I'm working or busy. Usually going for a run...
- •or, passing the time with Grindr meet ups and "discussing me" with my mother.
- •He is not an active listener by any stretch; he seems unbothered by the fact that I'm talking, and has no compunction about ignoring whole statements, or asking me to repeat entire stories because he "wasn't listening sorry."
- •He's judgey about my life, but is up to some pretty stupid things in his own.
- •He isn't good at keeping secrets or knowing when I tell him things to not bring them up with that person, first chance.
- •We do like the same kind of tv shows.
- •He makes me laugh maybe more than anyone I've ever known.