MY FAVORITE SONGS: PAST, PRESENT, AND FUTURE
I can do this! Although most of these songs are songs that make me super sad, which I guess says a lot about me? I like the sad songs.
- •Casimir Pulaski DaySufjan Stevens. It's just so sad. The trumpets get me every time.
- •BloodThe Middle East. It's beautiful and fun and kind of haunting.
- •Clair de LuneDebussy. Impressionist era is my jam.
- •The LightThe Album Leaf. This band hurts my heart. This song will always make me tear up.
- •YouthDaughter. I saw Daughter with @brittscott and my mind exploded. This song kills me.
- •World Spins Madly OnThe Weepies. They wrote this about Elliott Smith, which makes it even sadder.
- •The Good That Won't Come OutRilo Kiley. I heard this song at 14 and the feeling it gave me hasn't left my body since.
- •GodspeedJenny Lewis. I like to think she's singing it to me.
- •Rich GirlHall and Oats. It's just a fun song to sing.
- •El Condor Pasa (If I Could)Simon and Garfunkle. This song is about choosing yourself and your happiness over settling for not being your true self. And I love it.
- •SuperstarThe Carpenters. It's fun for me to sing, it's passionate, and it's sad.
- •La Vie en RoseEdith Piaf AND Louis Armstrong, both versions. I can't even talk about this song. It's... the feelings.
- •Space OddityDavid Bowie. This song makes me weep.
- •I Will Always Love YouDolly Parton. Dolly, Dolly, Dolly. You're my queen and this original version will always be my #1 even though I do love Whitney's too.
- •In the Aeroplane Over the SeaNeutral Milk Hotel. It's just really fucking beautiful.