MY MORNING ROUTINE
As requested by @erikaaa, my real life friend.
- 1.Monday morning.My nanny job is 10 minutes away from my house. I don't wear make up for them. I mainly wear sweats. Elementary school kids don't care what I look like in the morning. In fact, if I looked put together they would ask why I'm so dressed up.
- 2.I'm a dreamer, so my alarm usually wakes me up from a weird dream that was probably about being in high school but not knowing my class schedule.
- 3.Alarm: 6:00am. Please kill me.
- 4.Turn off alarm, think that there's no way that 6:00am is the time I need to wake up, even though it has been on MWFs for 3 years.
- 5.With one eye open, I check all the medias plus email.
- 6.6:05amStill in bed, wanting to cry, counting the hours until I can sleep again.
- 7.6:08amGet out of bed, put clothes on that I've laid out the night before.
- 8.6:10amBrush my teeth, wash my face, put in my contacts
- 9.6:14amJust kind of stand in the bathroom for a minute or two, very out of it. Maybe pee.
- 10.6:16amPut on my shoes, struggle to find my purse.
- 11.6:18amDrive to work. Get mad at the stoplights for taking forever to change.
- 12.6:30amGet to work.
- 13.6:31amSmall talk with the mom or dad I work for. Get the lowdown for the day.
- 14.6:35amSay goodbye to them, sit on the couch, kind of fall back asleep.
- 15.7:00amWake the kids up, thus starting their morning routine.
- 16.If it's the weekend I wake up anywhere between 9:00 and 11:30.I lay in bed for at least 45 minutes, then make coffee while listening to a podcast. I usually eat breakfast around lunchtime. I love the weekend.