REAL DARK THING I WROTE
Last year at some point. No capitalization because, what was the point?!
- •i dont know about you, but there is a darkness. the kind of darkness that closes in on you when youre spiraling down, in slow motion, you think youre dying.
- •and then youre laying in a pool trying to lift your head above the surface to catch your breath but the surface is just far enough away and your head is just too heavy to reach.
- •i dont know about you, but there is a darkness. and the darkness blows hot air on your neck, it licks your spine and tells you about how sweet it is. how sweet the darkness is. it strokes your forehead and shhhhh, youre safe. i dont know about you, but there is a darkness. it swaddles you in warmth and lets you stay a while.
- •it likes you, and you like it. it is a cocoon. you think you could stay here. you dont have to move. the darkness will keep you. i dont know about you, but there is a darkness. and your jaw is slack and the room is dim. dim. dim. dim. and then the dimness stays and you can close your eyes.
- •the air is hot and even though you like it here you struggle to find a breath that isnt full of that hot air. i dont know about you, but there is a darkness. it loves you. and you want to love back and you could love back but it scares you.
- •in the darkness sound is muffled. you have cotton balls in your ears and you crane your neck to listen or say pardon me but your mouth has cotton balls and it doesnt matter anymore.
- •it cuts and you bleed, but you like to bleed. i dont know about you, but there is a darkness.