WHY ARE YOU PROUD OF YOURSELF TODAY?
You guys are amazing. I love this community of honest, kind, smart, funny, and SUPER weird people. And everyone should give themselves a pat on the back today because it's Friday. What are you proud of today?
- •I've been working with some tough clients and had two HUGE breakthroughs with them both this week. I wanted to air punch during the entire session but that would be unprofessional.I could have easily told them what they needed to do, and how to do it. But that's not what therapy is. Through exploring hard topics, they worked out some major stuff. It was such an honor to be able to facilitate that. I'm amazed that I get to be someone who they trust with their heavy shit.
- •I scheduled my own therapy after a 3 1/2 year break.Some of you know that I'm going through a divorce. I think that warrants a therapy tune up. It costs a lot but I'm proud of myself for making my mental health and wellbeing a priority.
- •I'm so proud of my son!Took him for a flu shot and he didn't even cry! Total tough guy champ!!! Plus I'm a little proud of myself cuz I pulled the sneaky mommy move: told him we were heading to the mall for treats but oh let's stop at the doctors office real quick.. 😎Suggested by @shanaz
- •I woke up before my alarm went offI'm hoping this is a permanent skillSuggested by @p
- •I got my first uni offer!I sent off my application relatively late so it's such a relief 😅Suggested by @alexim
- •I managed to listen throughout the majority of my final GLY 225 lecture today, which hopefully means I will pass the final on Wednesday!Suggested by @julieuhls
- •I presented a poster at my college's expo about poor sex Ed leading to unsafe sexWe didn't win anything, but I'm really proud of the poster and my presentation skillz, especially because I've never done anything like this before!Suggested by @OffTheDott
- •It's my dad's birthday and I haven't spent the day wallowing in self pityMy dad would have been 67 today. But instead of wallowing around, I started cleaning my room (which is currently a hoarder's dream), put on a face mask, I'm about to take a shower and then go out for dinner with my bestie!Suggested by @egkeller
- •I finally booked my Physio appointment.I've been putting off calling them for weeks. Today I realised I could book online and BAM done. 💪🏻Suggested by @estherlimtf
- •I survived yet another week with 24 10 year olds AND mandatory "professional development"Suggested by @kate81
- •After working for over three years on two different graduate degrees, I'm done with my coursework and maintained a 4.0 GPA the whole time! Yay!Suggested by @jennyanydots
- •Despite wanting to call myself every name that is code for "you suck as a mom", I have managed to breathe, sit with my feelings, watch them, honor them, and then let them slowly, painfully and not always so gently pass through me. And then I repeated to myself, "I can do really really HARD things! And when I can't, I can't. And that's ok too."Suggested by @alimi
- •My son finished the entire year's curricula for first grade math! #ballerSuggested by @wonderishmama
- •I got a good grade on my biology lab report which helped move my grade up!!!Suggested by @clearcourses
- •Got out of bed!Simple but not so easy sometimes.Suggested by @kaitmaree
- •I was able to make a someone smile today and helped them forget all of their pain and sorrow for just an hour. I love my job at the VA.Suggested by @GavMaLav
- •Got an article published for someone who really needed it!Suggested by @dianderson
- •I communicated with several of my students' parents, and nobody blamed me!Suggested by @michelleanne