My Idea of the Perfect Day
I like simple things. A good book, a quiet morning, a cup of coffee, etc.
- •I wake up at 8:30 a.m. feeling fully refreshed and awake. Roll over in nice warm sheets and stretch.
- •Get out of bed after a while in search of coffee. Carefully measure out spoonfuls of Melitta coffee and let it brew, inhaling the rich and sweet scent.
- •Have a long, hot bath. Spend a ridiculous amount of time washing my hair and face, because there's no need to be anywhere else.
- •Braid my wet hair and put on a big fluffy bathrobe. Return to kitchen and pour a big mug of coffee with cream.
- •Return to my room, and put on some Netflix. Spend an hour or so just browsing. I love reading movie descriptions and I also love having enough time to make a fully informed choice when I finally decide on a movie.
- •Have a delicious brunch around midday: English muffins, more coffee, bacon, the works.
- •Get dressed in my favourite outfit: since it's a beautiful clear day with a light breeze, I put on a sundress and flats. Sit out on the back deck with a good book, maybe do a few crosswords.
- •After having an entire morning and early afternoon all to myself with zero rushing, I meet up with some friends for dinner and drinks. We catch a movie and it's the perfect mix of comedy, romance and drama.
- •Visit a coffee shop after the movie. Order a white hot chocolate with a chai tea bag. Drink it slowly while laughing with friends. Do not feel the pressure to leave immediately after finishing drink.
- •Get email from professor that says class is cancelled the next day. Go home extremely happy.
- •Unwind by slipping into comfiest pyjamas and putting on an old favourite movie. Make popcorn and it's just slightly burnt (to perfection).