Things That Blow My Mind
- •SculpturesHOW do people make such beautiful and intricate things out of a hunk of stone??? I'm looking at you, Michelangelo.
- •SpaceI can't even comprehend how big the universe is.
- •Racism and homophobiaHow does this still exist in 2016???
- •The oceanThink about how deep the ocean is. Think about how many creatures are alive down there. Think about how unknown it is. Crazy.
- •We've been to Mars.Not US, specifically, but robots have. Robots that we made. Super cool.
- •How old Oxford university is.I learnt this year that Oxford has seriously been around forever. Like for over 900 years. Insane.
- •Before typewriters existed, people used to write things (such as huge novels and plays) with ink and quills.How did they not just give up?? I admire both Shakespeare's use of language and his use of patience for writing his plays BY HAND.
- •The order of the alphabet is completely random.Or at least I think it is. I heard this somewhere and it blew my mind. Hence its inclusion on this list.
- •Pluto and Goofy are both dogs but Pluto is a pet??This doesn't really blow my mind but it does confuse me.