MY 6 FAVORITE MOVIE QUOTES TO USE IN REAL LIFE
Those who can seamlessly quote movies in real life are a rare & treasured lot. If those are your people & you find them, don't ever let go (name that late 90's blockbuster!). If you're a beginner, here are my favorite go-to lines to get you started.
- 1.When someone uses a word incorrectly (even better...more than once in the same conversation): " I do not think it means what you think it means." - Anigo Montoya, The Princess Bride (you must use the accent)
- 2.When someone is giving you, or someone in your presence, excessive information: "Shhh...we don't need to hear." - Remus Lupin, Harry Potter and The Prisoner of Azkaban (again with the accent)
- 3.When anything doesn't go your way: "Well that is a sucker punch to the gonads." - Maxwell Smart (Steve Carrell) Get Smart
- 4.When you are talking to someone or in need of their attention and they will not stop looking at their phone: "STOP THAT!" - Pete Venkman (Bill Murray) to Egon, Ghostbusters (it is necessary to smack the phone out of their hand just like Pete)
- 5.When anyone says,"So what?" : "So what? So let's DANCE!" Rodney Dangerfield in Caddy Shack (I can't spell his character name, so you just get the actor for this one)
- 6.When someone insists on telling you exactly how to do something: "Don't worry Dad...I read your dumb instructions." Lego Batman, The Lego Movie