Em's Monday Thoughts
After a glorious weekend in NYC, the struggle was real, and the struggle is below...
- •Is it seriously morning already?Didn't I JUST go to bed? And when did it become winter? Can't decide if I'd rather cuddle in bed for a few minutes or send him to turn the heat on.
- •Man I spent a lot of money at the Birchbox store. All these fun hair products though...WORTH IT.
- •I'm so excited to pick the dog up from boarding at the vet...Wait a damn second, did this little trick just run over to one of the vet techs in the lobby instead of his owner?!?! I guess that means he had fun, but damn, that hurts. But pause, when I asked for his insulin back, the kid that brought him out says "you mean a medicine?" Not giving me much confidence, bro.
- •Heading to work, first up, radio station...Gets text from boss, oh, radio recordings are cancelled? Then why am I even bothering??? Sends account rep an email "sorry we're gonna be a pain in your ass this year, I can feel it." Oh, coworker went on maternity leave 4 weeks early? Haha, jokes on you! Guess who is covering our holiday vacations now!!! 💅🏽
- •Gets to work...Wait. Where's my laptop bag? It's gotta be in the back seat. Shit. No. It's on my dining room table. Hey IT, do you have a loaner because I obviously am a disaster at life today? You're just glad I didn't spill on it? Are people seriously still that irresponsible?
- •I should power through some work, puts headphones in...First up on shuffle, @john's Paradise Valley. Underrated masterpiece (and that's a huge understatement). Reminds me of visiting Grandma in South Dakota. Oh right, it's October. Last week was the anniversary of the day she left us. NOT THE FUCK TODAY, MAYER. *changes song*. Really? Always KP right after John? Even my phone knows. Then some Halsey? HELL YES.
- •Listens to sales pitches...Sorry, we already have someone doing our digital strategy. No, I don't want to advertise on your radio station. Ugh. I hate saying no. Perpetual weakness on my part both personally and professionally.
- •Screws around with coworkers...How did Brits get such awesome accents? Most people hate their bosses right? Because mine is pretty awesome. Reminiscing over our Nashville trip last year. Laughing over farting coworkers. Then laughing over blunt coworkers. This work stuff isn't so bad.
- •Let's go back to Halsey for a second....Last week I didn't know who the hell this girl is. Now I can't get enough. Did this chick really say she found God in bed?? LMAO!! Girl, we've all worshiped someone when he (or she in some cases) has his head between our thighs. You keep doing you, girlfriend. You're gonna be huge.
- •Gets ambushed by the dog when I get home...Oh, so now you're happy to see me? Would that be because you need food and insulin? My love for you is unconditional, you little shit.
- •We need to revisit this "whoever gets home first makes dinner first" rule. Screw it. I'll make dinner. I'll make soup. I make awesome soup. Hot and sour? Yes, please.Ohhh and he likes it. Win. That's dinner for the next few nights.
- •Still obsessed with Hulu having every season on BH 90210.This show stands the test of time. And there are very few that do that anymore.
- •Boy on one side. Dog on the other.Yep. Life is worth it. Always 😘