The Most Embarrassing Selections in My iTunes Library
And an explanation...
- •Almost Paradise - Mike RenoI was drunk. I was watching the episode of OITNB with Morello's back story, and that's all she wrote. I don't think I've listened to it since.
- •As Long As We've Got Each Other - BJ ThomasOk. So this is the the theme from Growing Pains. And I have a very deep love for it.
- •Bean Bag Alphabet Rag - Hap PalmerI used to teach dance. Used this with the 2.5/3 year olds in the moments that I wanted to kill them. Believe it or not, it helped them refocus.
- •Crush - David ArchuletaI hang my head in shame for saying this, but I love this song. It's more catchy than an active case of herpes.
- •Daddy's Hands - Holly DunnI hate country music but I love this song. I love my dad. I feel her pain in losing hers. And I always love songs that I feel like I connect with.
- •Feelin' On Yo Booty - R. KellyNostalgia. This was the last dance at senior prom. If you can't tell, my classmates and I were just the face of class.
- •For All The Saints - Choir of the First Church of Los AngelesAs a general rule of thumb, I like music that holds memories for me. This is weird because I don't even believe in God, but this is the song that way playing the last time I saw my grandmother.
- •Get Here - Oleta AdamsOk, stay with me. You know that moment when you're separated from your partner, even if it's just for a few days, but you're in that weak, emotionally vulnerable place and the only thing that'll make it better is having that person with you? Yea, this song is that.
- •I Don't Want To Live On The Moon - Ernie and Shawn ColvinChildhood favorite. I apologize for nothing.
- •In Too Deep - GenesisHaven't we all been in that moment when you love someone but it's just not right and you know you're in deep but you need to get out? Phil Collins put that feeling to song brilliantly in this song.
- •Just Once - James IngramIf you've ever broken up with someone and then gotten back together with them, listen to or read these lyrics and you'll understand this selection. It's tough when you want to be with someone but you just can't figure out how to get past your shit and make it work.
- •Moon River - Andy WilliamsIt was my grandparents song ❤️ and I adore the days when people stayed together, worked out their problems and loved each other the way my grandparents did.
- •New York Minute - Don HenleyI love NYC, I love the song. No further explanation necessary.
- •Part of your World - Jodi BensonOne of my favorite Disney songs. And yes, I like a lot of Disney songs.
- •Ponponpon - a Japanese chickI fully and whole heartedly blame Katy Perry for this.
- •Search Me - Katy HudsonI once got drunk and ordered Katy Perry's Christian album for a very short time that it was on iTunes. I deleted most of it, but I like this song.
- •We're All In This Together - High School MusicalMore dance stuff
- •Whip My Hair - Willow SmithI'm 99% sure that was also a drunk purchase