HOW MY FAMILY MEMBERS GOT THEIR NAMES
- •My mom: CaroleNamed after her mother, Carol. My mom's middle name is Elizabeth, and so some birth documents the "e" is blurred into "Carol," so my mom goes by "Carole"
- •My dad: TimothyMy grandma made a pattern of the starting letter of her kids names: James, Thomas, John, Timothy, Joan. Nobody knows why.
- •Me: EmilyMy parents saw the name in a baby book and liked it. Boring stuff.
- •My sister: HannahBaby book, same deal
- •My sister: Lauren KateLauren was a name my parents had always liked. Her middle name, Kate, comes from the kids cartoon, "Arthur." My other sister and I were allowed to choose her middle name, and being obsessed with "Arthur," we wanted to name her after the little sister on the show, Baby Kate. However, my parents didn't love the name "Baby Kate," so it's just "Kate."
- •My dog: PhoebeHer name was Tempy when we got her from the shelter, and we thought it was a stupid name. The vet said keep the name to two syllables and an "ee" sound at the end and she wouldn't notice a change, so we named her after Phoebe from "Friends"