Drake Lyrics that Cut Straight Through to my Soul
Champagne Papi just really gets me, ok?
- •"And I love it when your hair's still wet 'cause you just took a shower, running on the treadmill and only eating salad" -Make Me ProudTypically I am not a girl who showers, works out, or eats salad, but this song inspires me.
- •"Why you gotta fight with me at Cheesecake? You know I love to go there!" -Child's PlayI eat at the Chestnut Hill Mall Cheesecake Factory probably once a month or so, always for the avocado egg rolls. I don't recall ever fighting with a significant other there; the appetizers menu tends to bring out the best in me. Great lyric nonetheless.
- •"I can still make you wet, and I can still make you laugh— you can call into work, if it ain't too much to ask. I can pour you up a drink and we can burn something." -Come ThruThe lyrics are a little raunchy (Papi is no altar boy), but this is one of the lines girls talk about when they complain to their boyfriends that Drake deserves more credit. The song speaks to the guilt and desire we all feel over the one that got away. We all have that somebody. Maybe that's why boyfriends hate Drake!
- •"Call the King of Diamonds and tell Chyna it'd be worth the flight; I'll be at my table stacking dollars to the perfect height." -Miss MeWhat is pure joy? A child's laugh? A sunset? Drake watching a table dancer? I love Drake's "flexin" songs from before he made most of his money and was still trying to impress random girls with bravado and his mama's debit card. The idea of a not-famous Aubrey flying out a pre-Kardashian Blac Chyna to strip for him is so funny to me. Let her stay at home with her kid!
- •"You love her, then you gotta give the world to her. Is that a world tour or your girl's tour?" -Back to BackThis track does not directly relate to my life in any way— it's Drake's diss to Meek Mill, Nicki Minaj's boyfriend and a weenie, objectively. But oh, man— when I get mad at my coworkers, I close my classroom door and blast this song and pretend I am street fighting EVERYONE.
- •"I've got my eyes on you. You're everything that I see. I want your hot love and emotion, endlessly." -Hold On, We're Going HomeThis is the first dance at my wedding.