Musicals that Are Difficult to Adapt for Kids
Our new choir teacher at work has a side gig rewriting musicals so they are appropriate for teen and children casts. His newest is "Sweeney Todd." I watched it last night for 🎃 and, after the scene with the meat grinder, made a list of musicals that would be very challenging to recreate for kids and why.
- •Avenue QPuppet fucking
- •CabaretNipple tassels, Holocaust
- •The LifeSong-and-dance numbers about prostitution
- •The Book of MormonI actually feel like if they did this right it would be awesome.
- •Fun HomeMust we?
- •The Who's TommyMolestation, the Acid Queen, etc etc
- •GreaseI just don't feel like any of us should have to watch Grease again, including children and teens
- •Urinetown! The MusicalNot a particularly inappropriate plot, title is name-related
- •Spring AwakeningOnstage masturbation, incest, abortion, teen humping.
- •ShrekJk, love this one.