Albums that changed my life
This list doesn't do me any favors or make me seem intellectual or even interesting. Let's boil me down to my most basic core! Buckle up!
- •Hilary Duff, Metamorphosis. 2003.The first album I bought for myself with my own money. :')
- •Carole King, Tapestry. 1971.Who's life hasn't been touched by this album??? It's the gift that keeps on giving.
- •That Thing You Do Original Film Soundtrack. 1996.I vividly remember the day my parents brought this movie home from Blockbuster and I just KNEW I was going to hate it. Silly me! I think my affinity for this movie and its music has actually shaped so many of my long-term tastes and appreciations.
- •Phantom of the Opera Original Motion Picture Soundtrack. 2004.I used to fall asleep to Think of Me and Angel of Music every night and then wake up 40 minutes later to "DAMN YOU, YOU LITTLE LYING DELILAH." My friend and I would squeeze wet tissues on our cheeks and wear "flowy skirts" and crank "Wishing You Were Somehow Here Again." How did I not foresee a future for myself in theatre ????
- •Coldplay, X & Y. 2005.Same friend that introduced me to Phantom of the Opera introduced me to Coldplay. I guess I owe her my life now.
- •A Mixtape a middle-aged gay man made for me in 2006 called "Uncle Willie's Tunes You Need to Know."I barely knew a single song on that thing when I got it—now I look back at it and know every single song and the show it comes from. "Climbing Uphill,"(I turned down the volume abruptly when she said the F-word and "crotch.") "And I Am Telling You," "Popular," etc. etc. etc.
- •Kanye West, My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy. 2010.My time in high school I realized "there's more to life than just...." I deleted this album from my computer in 2011 when I got back from church camp in my best efforts to clean up my act. I didn't last long without it.
- •The Boy Band trio: (2009, 2010, 2012).Jonas Brothers( Lines, Vines and Trying Times), One Direction (Take Me Home), Justin Bieber (My World 2.0 and Believe). Can't say I'm proud of this stuff but it's been a huge part of my life.
- •Glee Season 1. (2008-2010)'Nuff said.