COST OF FOOD I HAVE EATEN RECENTLY IN NEW YORK
I do not have the time to buy groceries because I am a dedicated cog in the NYC media work force. None of these places are what one would call "fancy" "going out" places. This is just me trying to feed myself in a not-shitty way. This is how this city will kill me.
- •Vegetarian mushroom and spinach tacos: $4 each, 3 for $12At a vegan place in Park Slope where I was the only customer
- •Prepackaged turkey wrap from Union Market: $7Whatever
- •Pork sliders: $5 each, 2 for $10This is what I am most ashamed of
- •Chirashi sushi takeout with side of sesame spinach: $22Under protest
- •Vegan almond salad collard wrap: $9I get this on average 2x a week for lunch. It's just a bunch of mashed up seasoned almonds in a big leaf. It's one of 4 things I can eat within a block of my office that don't make me want to pass out after 1pm.
- •A brownie and a small iced coffee: $8I had a long night ahead of me. First brownie I'd bought in five years, at a bakery off Union Square. Inflation is real.
- •Don't move here. And if you already live here, for god's sake don't move to Los Angeles.