Songs of My Childhood
- •King of the Road by Dean MartinTHE song of my childhood. Every time we were in my dad's car, we made him play this song. I still know all the words and it's been years since I've actually listened to the whole song.
- •You'll Be in My Heart by Phil CollinsThis was my first karaoke performance. I was three and couldn't read, but I knew all the words anyway.
- •Don't Look Back in Anger by OasisAnother dad's car song and one of my favorite songs to this day.
- •Sweet Caroline by Neil DiamondThis song reminds me of driving through Vermont with my cousins. My uncle told us that he had Neil Diamond write this song for my cousin, Carrie, and we believed him for way too long.
- •Yellow by ColdplayAnother song that reminds me of Vermont drives.
- •Girlfriend by Avril LavigneThe first music video I ever saw on YouTube and my introduction to mainstream music.
- •Thunder Road by Bruce SpringsteenMy mom's favorite song, but she always made sure we knew to never date a guy who said "you ain't a beauty, but eh, you're alright."