AWESOME MOVIES THAT YOU SHOULD SEE➕
I wanted to title this "Awesome Movies You May Not Have Heard Of" but that felt too pretentious. But I really do wanna know about the cool movies I haven't heard of!
- •SpringJust saw this over the weekend and can't stop thinking about it. It's a horror/romance. Do not look it up. Do not read about it. Just watch it. For LA peeps, it's currently playing at sundance cinemas in west hollywood. Alternatively, available on iTunes and such.
- •The Heart MachineJohn Gallagher, Jr. Kate Lyn Sheil. A romantic thriller. A guy has a long distance internet gf, who he skypes with constantly, but has never met. He begins to suspect that she's lying about where she is ...On Netflix.
- •The Heartbreak Kid (1972)Long before the ill advised Ben Stiller remake, Elaine fucking May directed an insane cast that included Charles Grodin, peak Cybill Shepard, and May's own daughter Jeannie Berlin. It's kind of a romantic comedy but it also has probably the darkest, best, most brutal ending of anything in the genre.Suggested by @samboyd
- •The GuestFucking awesome movie that came and went last year. An action movie with a sort of Edgar Wright-y sense of humor. Matthew Crawley plays the Terminator. It rules.Suggested by @samboyd
- •Stories We TellFamily focused doc goes meta. Canadian filmmaker Sarah Polley creates a mess and doesn't clean it up.Suggested by @mattmando