CONVENTIONALLY ATTRACTIVE INTERESTS/ATTRIBUTES THAT TURN ME OFF
I guess I lied in my last list. DISCLAIMER: Let me emphasize that the following doesn't do it for me ROMANTICALLY. I have no issue with guys/people who are into this stuff in general.
- •Impeccable physiqueWho are you, Patrick Bateman?
- •Strong interest in getting married and starting a familySupposedly my feelings about this are going to change? In the meantime, this weirds me out. Can anyone write a list about completely changing your mind on these topics?
- •Love of/Participation in sportsI emotionally shut down around athletic activities.
- •Desire to be in nature/do outdoorsy activitiesEvery time I see a photo of a guy on a mountain against a sunset, I know it will never last between us. That amazing feeling that people talk about experiencing when they are out in nature--I have no idea how to genuinely, consistently feel that way as an involuntary reaction.
- •Huge "You Know What"I don't know who started this rumor, but I'm not sure I've EVER met a woman who is actually into this. I feel like most people are looking for the "Goldilocks": not too big, not too small, just right.
- •Pet ownersThere's nothing creepier than a grown man talking in a baby voice to his female dog about "what a good girl" she is. How has society deemed this acceptable?! I also can't handle non-human living things seeing me naked/performing sexual acts. I recognize how insane this makes me sound. A guy I dated recently told me that my apprehension concerning pets is one of my major drawbacks as a potential romantic partner.
- •Plant ownersThere's having plants and then there's having PLANTS. Too many plants makes me feel like I am drowning in dirt and the plants are going to attack me in my sleep. Haven't you seen Jumanji/Evil Dead/Little Shop of Horrors? Remember what I said about non-human living things watching you in your private moments? Not for me.
- •Motorcycles/Sports Cars/Skateboards/Etc.Any "bad boy" transportation. I am just coming around on guys who ride bikes.
- •Likes going to the beachI have lived in LA for 3 years and have never gone to the beach. I think the last time I went to the beach was like 7 or 8 years ago?
- •(Despite having these feelings, I have dated all these people)