UNINTENTIONALLY FUNNY THINGS MY THERAPIST HAS SAID TO ME
Everyone should be in therapy, if only for the hilarious things your therapist will tell you. After writing this list I feel like maybe I should get a new therapist.
- •That my love for The Sopranos was rooted in my need for masculinity that was absent in my (then) boyfriendAn unintended SICK burn. Not sure if she was right but I loved hearing this.
- •"I don't think you can compare your life to the song 'Teenage Lobotomy' if you're technically not a teenager."WRONG
- •"You're right. Men are horrifying."After she questioned why I was having anxiety attacks over men I thought looked suspicious (one was on a plane, one was driving next to me late one night, one was in a college class with me) but not women and I said "because men are the ones who hijack planes and rape women and shoot up classrooms"
- •"Honestly, I think you're in control here."When I told her that I lied to a guy I was dating about my age. Again, she was wrong. This was a really bad thing to do.
- •"Once I farted on stage during a speech about the prefrontal cortex. I survived."When she was helping me get over first date anxiety??