Already on li.st? Open in app.
This is more for me than you
- •The Bone ClocksDavid Mitchell
- •Into Thin AirJon Krakauer
- •AtonementIan McEwan
- •Who sticks the new roll of toilet paper on top of the empty one instead of just replacing it
- •Says they're only going to eat one _____ but then gets up to get more so many times even they lose count
- •Leaves socks strewn about the floor
TODAY WAS SUCH A DAY
- •I really really really wanted to go to DC for the March but it wasn't feasible because I needed to be back for a 7am shift
- •So I traveled to Charlotte instead
- •And was blown away by the turnout
So I live in the middle of nowhere with four adults with intellectual disabilities
- •It was supposed to snow between 1-8 inches (thanks weather forecasters) on Saturday
- •We were told to go to the store and buy groceries and stockpile wood in case of a power outage
- •But all of the RAs assumed that everyone was over reacting
I've been doing training for my new job since Friday but I went home for the evening to decorate the tree with my family and MY SECRET SANTA PACKAGE HAD ARRIVED (my sisters also did not understand the concept of List and doing a secret santa with people from the internet. Their loss).
- •Clearly I was very excited because I couldn't even take a focused picture when I first opened the box1. This box was HEAVY 2. The note made me laugh a lot. Thank you for sharing your tradition @jennifergster
- •Literally so spoiled.
- •#1I told my sister earlier that week that I really needed an air freshener for my car but kept forgetting to buy one THEN LO AND BEHOLD
- •I just started a new job (woot woot)! I'm living and working in a house with adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
- •The staff has been telling me the importance of practicing self-care on my days off to stay sane.
- •But I've never lived or worked in a place like this and I haven't ever really needed to be that intentional about my free timeTo relax I usually watch TV or color while listening to podcast
I'm applying to grad school and, along with a personal statement, one of the schools requires a list of "15 Random Things About You" so I'm drafting it here. (Thanks Li.st for giving me an edge over the other candidates). They want to know things that aren't on my resume to "understand what makes me who I am"- do these do the trick?
- 1.My favorite place in the US is the Eureka Dune Complex in Death Valley. I have never seen a landscape that compares and the mechanics of the dune itself are incredible.
- 2.I've been a vegetarian for the last year and I'm hoping that if I introduce meat back into my diet it will be local.
- 3.I've lived in 9 states ranging from New Jersey to Tennessee to Missouri and each place has left an impression.Growing up, we moved around a lot because my dad works in academia. I've lived in nine states so far so I can't really call one place home.
Li.st, meet Bento. Bento is a rescue maybe Australian Shepard/Border Collie and we think he's two. He had separation anxiety but is the happiest dog ever. He loves to chase squirrels but doesn't look twice at other dogs. Full body hugs are his favorite. He's a doofus
Ugh I'm an environmental hypocrite because most of these are grocery staples
- •Almond milkAlmonds require so much water!!!! But it tastes so much better than other non-dairy alternatives
- •Avocados 💔
- •Tropical fruitsBut where would I be without bananas and oranges?