BOOKS I READ AS A CHILD THAT SHAPED ME INTO THE FEMINIST I AM
- •Little Women by Louisa May AlcottIs Jo the undisputed feminist icon of 19th century literature? Yes.
- •Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery"Being smart [is] better than being good-looking." - my first crush, Gilbert Blythe
- •Betsy-Tacy (series) by Maud Hart LovelaceBetsy was boy crazy and pretty and career driven simultaneously. She never had to give up anything to be smart.
- •Madeline by Ludwig BemelmansI'm not embarrassed to say 98% of the reason I was happy I got my appendix out was so I could be like this sassy heroine.
- •Harry Potter (series) by J.K. RowlingHermione! Luna! Professor Mcgonagall!