The Massachusetts Seasons, Ranked
I've lived in different parts of Massachusetts for most of my life. I have some opinions.
- 1.SpringSpring is hands down the best season. The nasty snow starts to melt and everything feels happy and upbeat. Everyone seems a little nicer. Nature comes back to life. It's the best.
- 2.FallNew England fall is great, but kind of short. The foliage is unparalleled and there's all kinds of cute farms and apple picking trips. But also fall is kind of a ticking time bomb because we all know winter is just around the corner.
- 3.Football seasonDeflategate was dumb, Brady rules. Football season is great because everyone hates the patriots outside of New England so there's a kind if "they hate us cuz they ain't us" attitude. Plus there's nothing like day drinking on a Sunday because of sports.
- 4.SummerSummer is nice but sticky. Its humid and gross and I sweat a lot, but it's also beautiful. Plus if you wanna watch some baseball, this is a good time. Singing sweet Caroline at Fenway park on a summer evening is a really fun thing to do.
- 5.Baseball seasonOk, full disclosure: I'm a fairweather baseball fan at best. I don't really follow it. That said, baseball season's standing changes a lot depending on how the Red Sox are doing. However this year baseball season wasn't very fun. I heard a lot of die hard sox fans complain.
- 6.SwinterSwinter is the season between spring and winter. It's not real but it should be because it's disgusting. All the snow starts to melt but it's still cold enough to be unpleasant. It'll go from warm one day to freezing again the next. There's snow slush and people are sick and tired of the cold. Swinter sucks.
- 7.WinterWinter is THE WORST. Yeah ok, there's some nice holidays, but they do not redeem this terrible season. It feels like it's 100 years long and it's cold and there's snow up to your neck. If you're in Boston, the T WILL shut down frequently. Outside of boston, a lot of roads are not fully cleared and traffic gets ridiculous with just a single snowflake. Winter is the worst.