FOODS THAT ARE OVERRATED
Not saying that these foods are bad, but can we please stop the worship.
- •BaconI saw a buzzfeed "article" once entitled "why bacon is the most important food that has ever existed" and that's how I know there's no god. I like bacon, in reasonable quantities with the right food. But the cult around bacon is unreasonable, and some things really don't need bacon!!!
- •PizzaA nice crispy mozzarella pizza can be good, but 9/10 I'd always rather have pasta.
- •AvocadosI try okay?? I really try. But it has a barely there flavor, gets everything really gloopy and it's just too creamy. Exception: guac in my chipotle, probably because it's already a wet mess.
- •Plain Greek yoghurtWhy have we as a society collectively decided to pretend that it tastes good and isn't just like basically eating sour cream?
- •SushiAm I the only one who thinks it's super slimy? So vinegary. Plus, if I don't know for a fact that the restaurant's hygiene and food storage are impeccable, I have a hard time trusting raw fish. I like other Japanese food way better.
- •NutellaDelicious? Yes, absolutely. Too overhyped? Also yes.
- •CupcakesBasically a muffin that is probably too dry to eat on its own, then add an equal amount of buttercream. Nice, but overrated. If my future husband wants a cupcake tower instead of a wedding cake I'm cancelling the whole thing. Do not deserve the amount of reality shows based around them.
- •BrunchI love breakfast foods, but I don't love waiting an hour to pay an obscene amount of money for a glorified plate of pancakes and eggs.
- •OystersYou're paying good money to essentially eat boogers.
- •BeerTastes like drinking a liquified burp, fills you up to the point where you just feel nauseous, calorie to ABV ratio way off.
- •LobsterEssentially bug meat. That was boiled alive and tastes awful unless you douse it in a ridiculous amount of butter.Suggested by @siddharthainc
- •Crab LegsGood, but ROI is low.Suggested by @jennifergster