How I imagine the pitch meeting for scented sanitary pads went
This is gross. Then again, I am gross.
- •"All right, we need some new products to convince women that their natural bodies are in fact unnatural and disgusting, any ideas?"
- •"Yeah, how about sanitary pads... except scented?"
- •"So we're basically just adding an irritant to an already functional product? GREAT idea, Todd, that's the kind of initiative I'm looking for!
- •"So we're thinking a light scent, fresh and clean?"
- •"Nope. I thought we'd go with a heavy fake rose smell. Nothing to in any way mask the blood, just competing with it, adding another layer of decay"
- •"Okay I get it, like someone got stabbed to death in a botanical garden"
- •"And then got dumped into an elderly woman's compost heap?"
- •"You got it. And one more thing, how about we put the scent information nowhere on the box and make it a fun game of Russian roulette for customers?"
- •"BRILLIANT, Todd. Let's talk about this further over golf this Saturday"