IF I COULD ONLY EAT 12 THINGS FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE THEY WOULD BE:
Inspired by @jetfuelliz. I'm so hungry right now. Not what I realistically eat the most but what I would ideally stuff my face with on the daily.
- •Grilled chicken with rice and broccoliProbably the most practical thing on this list. Also something I eat probably multiple times a week. Always works.
- •Thai food - especially chicken satay with peanut sauceI can't comment on how representative it is of authentic Thai cuisine but Thai food is my absolute favorite, and chicken satay reigns supreme. That slightly curry-flavored marinade with the fluffy jasmine rice? Perfect. And I could literally drink peanut sauce by the pint.
- •Potatoes au gratinPotatoes are actually the real MVP. Delicious in every way, but this one is fool-proof. Cheese is unnecessary and anyone who tells you to add onions is a quack. Just potatoes, lots of garlic, cream, salt & pepper. I live for this 🙌🏻
- •Grilled steakDoes it make me more aware than usual that I'm eating a dead animal? Yes. But it's still delicious.
- •SandwichesYou can put anything on some bread and it's a sandwich. Ideal food. Specifically, the kind I used to eat when I was growing up. With the right bread, paper thin deli ham and Swedish cheese. It makes my heart happy. In a pinch, seeded bread with cheese and cucumber will do fine.
- •SalmonI could actually eat my body weight in this. If no one stops me I will eat a scary amount. It's probably my favorite food.
- •Fish sticksAlways keep these in the freezer if I don't have the ingredients/time to cook. I don't know why I love them so much but they're delicious and underrated.
- •Pasta bologneseTastes like childhood and trips to Italy.
- •Pick n mix candyThe best kind of candy. Would be satisfied to have this in place of anything sweet for the rest of my life.
- •Sweet potatoI like to bake them in wedges and eat with barbecue sauce when I can't be bothered to cook. So good. Such a versatile food.
- •BananasNature's most perfect snack
- •Birthday cakeAn exception to my point on pick n mix. I would just feel sad and unloved if I never got to eat birthday cake someone made for me.